Comment on page
In order to start working with Encedo HEM, three basic steps need to be done. Here is a short guide on what and how :)
Stay tuned - Order Now is scheduled to be launched by end of Dec '22.
The following section is a reprint of the "Acceptance procedures" from AGD_PRE.1, the Common Criteria one of the guides. Contact Encedo for more details or assistance.
Due to the physical differences between the two possible configurations of the Encedo HEM (PPA or EPA, called the TOE as follow the Common Criteria terminology), the delivery and acceptance procedure is different and looks as follow:
- 1.The Encedo PPA can be purchased online and is delivered by trackable delivery services only, including courier delivery or by post. Due to the engagement of the 3rd party in the process of delivery, it is important to involve special security measurements to guarantee correct delivery. The device (with embedded and secured TOE) is packaged into the box protected by a holographic void-type seal with a unique identification number.
- 1.As part of the delivery procedure, prior to the shipment, the buyer is informed of the seal number, the order number, and the shipment/tracking number (waybill).
- 3.If the website is correctly displayed by the web browser (which means the file is unchanged and the PIN is correct), and the website presents valid data (e.g. order number is correct, the waybill matches the one on the envelope and the package box has a valid security sticker) and the package has no signs of been tamper with (package and security sticker is intact) the user can accept the delivered TOE hardware as genuine.
- 2.The Encedo EPA can be ordered from the Encedo sales team only.
- 1.The device case is secured by a holographic void-type seal with a unique identification number to prove the metal box has not been opened after the initial assembly and configuration on the Encedo side.
- 2.After the initial configuration, the Delivery Note is being printed and is put into the envelope secured by the security sticker. The data on the Note includes sensitive administrative data like passwords, domain names, the Ethernet MAC addresses, and details about the device model. The device and the Delivery Note are being packaged into the carton box secured by a security tape (void-type) and handover to the other member of the Encedo team for the delivery (no 3rd party is being involved in the delivery process).
- 3.On the buyer's side, the package, the Delivery Note, and the device's physical integrity can be verified to assure the delivered TOE hardware is genuine.
To validate the current version of the firmware and hardware, query the device API
GET /api/system/versionendpoint to retrieve the version information. The expected values are presented in the two tables below for each configuration.